Preview builds contain Alpha or Beta quality code and exist for hands-on testing not a hands-off user experience. If you run preview builds you must be willing to report issues via the forums and engage LibreELEC and Kodi developers in hunting down bugs. If you have no idea what a debug log is or so-called “wife acceptance factor” is critical to daily use; preview builds are not for you. If you choose to run preview builds make an off-box backup before updating and take regular backups during testing.
LibreELEC (Krypton) 8.0 preview builds continue with v7.90.010 containing Kodi v17.0-beta7 and a few package updates as this will be the final alpha build before we start beta. We have moved up to the Linux 4.9 kernel and have resolved a number of longer-running bugs.
Changes in v7.90.010 include:
- Fix power-on function for the WeTek Hub remote
- Fix CEC support on WeTek Play and WeTek Core
- Fix screensaver activation when Bluetooth devices are connected
- Update to Linux 4.9.0 kernel for Generic and Raspberry Pi
- Update to Linux support patches for Raspberry Pi
- Updates to Linux 3.14 kernel for Amlogic aarch64 projects
- Update to LibreELEC settings 0.8.6
- Update to Kodi v17-beta7
- Add overlayfs support to Amlogic 3.14 kernel
- Add aarch64 support to docker components
- Add synaptic touchpad driver to Xorg
- Add script for Intel/nVidia EDID capture and setup
- Remove virtualbox support from Virtual project
** CHRISTMAS ‘CANARY’ PERIOD **
LibreELEC normally operates a 24-hour ‘canary’ period between release files being posted for download and the release being available via auto-update. To avoid support problems during the Christmas period when project staff are “doing the family thing” auto-update will be disabled until 27th December. During this time Krypton users can update manually using the LibreELEC settings add-on. Jarvis users wanting to update can use the older .tar file method.
New installations using the LibreELEC USB-SD Creator app
New installation using 3rd party USB or SD writer apps (.img.gz)
New Install to WeTek internal NAND (.zip)
Manual Update from LibreELEC 7.0 or OpenELEC (.tar)
SUPPORT ASSISTANCE AND BUG REPORTS