LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.95.3 BETA

LibreELEC (Krypton) 8.0 preview releases continue with v7.95.3. This is a minor release to correct lirc issues and bring aarch64 devices (WeTek Hub/Play 2 and Odroid C2) up to Beta now that the memory fragmentation issue has been resolved. LibreELEC v7.95.3 is based upon Kodi Krypton 17.0 final. If no major issues are identified we expect 8.0.0 to be the next release.

Changes in v7.95.3 include:

• Fix systemd/timing issues that resulted in multiple instances of lirc running
  • Fix repeat-delay values for eventlirc
  • Fix bluez to ensure bluetooth drivers are auto-loaded
  • Fix memory fragmentation issues on aarch64/x86_64 projects
  • Update to Linux 4.9.8 for RPi/Slice/Generic projects
  • Update Linux support patches and firmware for Raspberry Pi
  • Update u-boot for iMX6
  • Update CEC support patches for iMX6
  • Add backport for Kodi creation of cache folders
  • Add kernel support for ADAU7002 audio modules in RPi

BOOT PARTITION SIZE

The LibreELEC (Krypton) 7.95.3 image for Generic x86_64 hardware is 216MB so it fits in the 230MB boot partition size limit of older OpenELEC installations without resizing the boot partition or forcing a complete reinstallation.

** CANARY PERIOD **

LibreELEC operates a 24-hour ‘canary’ period between release files being posted for download and the release being available via auto-update. During this time our LibreELEC 8.0 Alpha or Beta preview and LibreELEC 7.0.3 users can use the LibreELEC settings add-on to update manually from within the Kodi GUI. To update from older LibreELEC 7.0 releases (e.g. 7.0.2) or OpenELEC use the .tar file below.

New installations using the LibreELEC USB-SD Creator app

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.95.3.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-RPi.arm-7.95.3.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.95.3.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-imx6.arm-7.95.3.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.95.3.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-7.95.3.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-7.95.3.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Hub.aarch64-7.95.3.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Play_2.aarch64-7.95.3.img.gz (info)

New Install to WeTek internal NAND (.zip)

LibreELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-7.95.3.zip (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-7.95.3.zip (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Hub.aarch64-7.95.3.zip (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Play_2.aarch64-7.95.3.zip (info)

Manual Update from LibreELEC 7.0 or OpenELEC (.tar)

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.95.3.tar (info)
LibreELEC-RPi.arm-7.95.3.tar (info)
LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.95.3.tar (info)
LibreELEC-imx6.arm-7.95.3.tar (info)
LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.95.3.tar (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-7.95.3.tar (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-7.95.3.tar (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Hub.arm-7.95.3.tar (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Play_2.arm-7.95.3.tar (info)

SUPPORT ASSISTANCE AND BUG REPORTS

Please flag issues via a bug report in the forums. You are also encouraged to participate in LibreELEC development and submit fixes via GitHub!

1. Papandy says:

New Beta is making its way on my Pi3. Thank you!

2. Marius TMC says:

I just done the update from v7.95.2 BETA and the “Bluetooth Audio Drop” BUG is still present. Please check https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-1196-post-33316.html#pid33316

3. Skeptic says:

My Odroid C2 hangs on boot – I can only see LibreElec Beta screen appears….

4. Dominique Simon says:

Have the nvidia drivers been updated too?
    Cause of this: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-4032.html

• vitorp07 says:

No it’s the same version “375.26”

Staff are not omnipresent in the forums and nobody submitted to our git repo, so there was no change. We can look at it for next release.

• Dominique Simon says:

It’s a big issue IMHO and should be fixed with the final release. Better another beta with fixed nvidia drivers?

• Klojum says:

Most issues are ‘big’ to us, yet not every issue can be fixed that easily. We already saw that with the AMlogic memory leak problem. So if the bug/problem is still in Nvidia’s drivers, there is only so much LibreELEC can do about it. And, as already indicated, we will have another look for the next release.

• Dominique Simon says:

Maybe you could include the last stable nvidia driver before the problematic ‘375.26’ as a option?

5. Jeff Bootsma says:

Thank you very much, you guys are amazing.

6. ajb says:

Unfortunately, on the WeTek Play 2 with Gigabit-Network the device still freezes – simple check: open a stream with VLC from tvheadend server.

7. tchammer says:

Thx for the Release. It seems that the Memory Problem Is gone the only Problem i have Is when i Play a 2k 60fps file in 1080P the Video wasn’t Plays Smooth as in 7.03. The playback Is Choppy but there was on skip or dropped frames. My System Is a NUC5PPYH with 4GB RAM.
    Sync to screen and change FPS on start/stop is active.

Has it to do with the die Intel drivers or the DRI2 or DRI3 Setting. Im Force DRI3 at the Moment that give me better GUI Performance but i dont know if it bring Problems on playback of higher Resolution Movies.

8. tchammer says:

I mean no skip or dropped frames 😉

9. avinson says:

awesome! thanks for all the hard work on aarch64 platforms

10. avinson says:

also, just wondering.. is it on the roadmap to add hifi shield drivers for odroid at some point?

11. Bunker says:

Same after update to 7.95.3 with Wetek Hub it hangs on Boot with LibreElec Screen Beta.

12. bogchop says:

Tried updating from the raybuntu release for my C2 using the tar file, says hardware not compatible. Help anyone?

• avinson says:

reimage it?

• bogchop says:

Would rather not if possible. The C2 is incredibly difficult to open up case wise, and having to pull the eMMC out and do all that again is a pain!

• avinson says:

why install experimental 32-bit builds at all then? not trying to be a jerk but this kind of comes with that territory. you can create a file /storage/.update/.nocompat that will disable the compatibility check but there’s no guarantee the upgrade will work.

‘systemctl stop kodi.service’ then ‘mv /storage/.kodi /storage/kodi-old’ and then ‘touch /storage/.update/.nocompat and reboot. This will override the mismatch in CPU arch and give you a clean Kodi install with no 32-bit binary add-ons that won’t run on 64-bit arch after the update. Reinstall add-ons then stop Kodi and manually move previous add-on configuration back before restarting again. Yes this is bit of a pain. Yes you chose to install experimental 32-bit builds on your device 🙂

• avinson says:

you are doing God’s work my friend!

• DschoKeys says:

There is also a upgrade path by wrxtasy to smoothly change back from 32bit to 64bit LE on the Odroid C2: http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=144&t=25854

13. Bunker says:

I used the Update from LibreElect when I had the issue. Since I used the NAND image and it worked fine.

14. Zvon says:

Thanks for the update, so far Kodi seems a lot smoother on my Odroid C2. Also this update fixed my problem with playback of x265 files 🙂

15. d4nm3d says:

I’m trying to run git checkout 7.95.3 but it’s telling me there it doesn’t match anything.

I need to compile with some extra patches for my CEC.. Any ideas why i can’t checkout 7.95.3?

16. Scott Robinson says:

Any chance of the WeTek network gb network fix being in the next release? The PR was closed but not merged in 🙁

• Bram says:

I’m also having problems with the gb network on my WeTek Hub. What is the cause? You say they already have a fix? Do you have a link to this PR?

• Bram says:

I fixed the problem (via SSH) with:

# ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full

If you want to make this permanent (otherwise the config is lost after reboot):
        # echo ‘ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full’ >> /storage/.config/autostart.sh

• Felföldi Kornél says:

Can you link that PR? I tried to find on github but no luck :S

17. Sally says:

Upgraded from 7.0.3 but addons like exodus all seem to take a super long time to load to the 3rd level deep of menus. Normally they load in like seconds and but this update can take 5 minutes or more to just pull up a list of shows.

18. Sally says:

On pi3 btw.

19. kodi-user says:

Bugs on Odroid-C2:
    1) pressing Rewind causing that the video freeze (easy to reproduce)
    2) micro-stuttering on every codec h.264, h.265 (no errors or warnings in the kodi.log with Video and FFmpeg libraries components-specific enabled) but that micro-stuttering is noticeable while on Raspberry Pi there is no stuttering at all with the same files)

20. Bo Jansson says:

Works great! 👍 Pi3

21. Frank M. says:

Odroid-C2:
    Here also micro-stuttering on every codec h.264, h.265

22. stormtroller says:

thanks for c2 releade! updated and testing it thoroughly. will update if found anything

23. kodi-user says:

So micro-stuttering is affecting not only me.
    @chewitt: can you confirm this is a known issue and will be fixed in coming releases?
    Also can someone else verify that pressing Rewind button for a while (e.g. 30 seconds) and then Play button it causing that the video freeze? If anyone can confirm that then of course the same question to @chewitt: will it be fixed in coming builds?

24. gt6 says:

on rpi 2 and cannot use a remote when it works fine on previous builds

25. [email protected] says:

Lirc still not work properly. I need to double tap the ir commands to work, which was normal working on 7.0.3.

26. -=RaZoR=- says:

Just want to say “Thank You!!” – Great work!

27. John says:

I updated my Wetek Core with this firmware yesterday, I still have an issue causing the kodi interface to be very slow…after clicking on the remote, the remote takes at least 5 seconds to respond and the GUI is unusable…is it related to the memory issue that has been fixed ?

28. Remy says:

Great update! Solved all my often encountered playback problems on the ODROID C2! 🙂

29. clone says:

I still got that Problem, when I want to configure my Xbox 360 Controller under Input devices, that the System freezes and is doing a Software restart.
    Anyone with the same issue or a solution for that?

30. Wise Old Man says:

PROS: LE loaded

CONS:
    Still does not work with Wetek Core!!
    Out of sync audio and GUI is non-responsive.
    Eventual frozen GUI.

• John says:

Ok, so i’m not the only one !!

• Wise Old Man says:

John-
        You are definitely not the only Core user with LE issues!
        See the comments on wetek forums regarding the LE problems.

• Soapy Smith says:

When the GUI becomes unresponsive on the Core, sometimes (1 out of 5 times) it doesn’t boot to the sd card it goes into android, the selection on the splash screen to “push the power button” is missing. The core needs the power removed and replaced to boot to the sd card again.

31. Bunker says:

Wetek Hub seems to be running well. Memory is in check now.

32. Rhae says:

Anyone else having audio sync issues on the Intel NUC DN2820 (latest firmware)? The same movies play fine on LibreELEC 7.0.3.

33. Daniel says:

Hi,
    this build on imx6 has some big issue. Whenever I press the button on my Xbox 360 (LIRC) remote it behaves as I would press twice the same button

34. Tom says:

Unfortunately I have problem with DVB stick driver.
    In dmesg is following error message ‘dvb_usb_dibusb_mc_common: Unknown symbol __symbol_get (err 0)’.

Everything was working fine in LibreELEC 7.0.3.

35. Connry says:

Is it hardware ore software thats deside how big exstern usb hdd i can use?

There are no limits in Linux but the firmware used in the SATA > USB controller chipset can be a problem in some older drive caddy’s.

36. kodi-user says:

That simple means you don’t know what I’m writing about: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-4911.html

37. szuser says:

lg simplelink crashed/disapierd after 20-24 hour every time with Pi3+Librev7.95.3.
    With Libre7.02 it was perfect.

38. nstephenh says:

I installed this on my x86_64 machine and unfortunately I cannot play back video. I tried audio through the Emby Extension and video from Emby, Youtube, and a flash drive. I’m getting about 1/2 a frame per second. 7.0.3 works.

• Humberto Arocha says:

Hello @nstephenh

Have you tried to go to:

– Settings.
      – Player Adjustment.
      – Videos.
      – Rendering Method: Basic Shade (ARB)

I have used this settings because I have no Nvidia or AMD GPU.

Please check these options and let me know

• nstephenh says:

Perfect! It worked, thank you very much. Has the autodetect changed from the last version? I did not have this issue on 7.0.3.

39. yazz says:

7.95.3 worse than 7.95.1 on RPi1
    Hanging, crashin, Storage remove notification, two words: back to 7.95.1

1 step forward, 2 steps back, sorry guys

40. jw says:

I upgraded from 7.0.3 but now all my VDR recordings are missing. The files are still in recordings folder but not showing in LE. Is there a way to re-scan VDR recordings?

41. Donald Duck says:

I have updated from latest 6 to 7.95.2 and did upgrade that to 7.95.3. All plugins work properly after some fiddeling. The NTP time is broken though. I have double checked the servers, they are all fine. No process such as ntpd is running when I check with ssh. Any idea?

connman handles NTP so there is (correctly) no ntpd daemon in the OS

• Donald Duck says:

OK, so another service handles it. Since the upgrade to 7.95.x my clock is not properly set on cold restart anymore. It starts counting by what I would think is the compilation date of the release. Unlike before, no (successful) time update of the system clock via NTP seems to take place.

42. infoalter says:

Updated automatically a few days ago, from previous beta. As of that day, i am having playback trembling (not sure what is the proper word) at times, frequent crashes/hangs (system becomes no responsive, i have to pull the plug to reboot) and when playback stops because of a network problem, this causes a long system freeze. Setup is ASUS N3050IC 4giga RAM, SSD
    Was fine before update. Fine means fine. 10 stars 🙂
    PS No logs, you cannot help me as i am using two banned addons, i will just roll back to previous version and i will be fine. Just mentioning here as yet another testimony in case this is useful somehow.

43. Finus says:

Everything working fine on rpi2, fresh install 7.95.3.

Thanks for all the work guys.

Can’t wait for 8.0 final. Any clue for the release date ?

44. RPMeow says:

Noticed sporadic video stuttering (audio plays fine) on RPI3 version 7.95.1 through 7.95.3 when the MKV file is 720p at 50fps. Any other resolution or framerate plays fluidly. Test the same file on a linux pc with VLC, no issues. Something in that particular 720p/50fps config LibreElec just doesn’t like.

45. Edward says:

LibreELEC 7.95.3 running *perfectly* on my HP Mini 300-230. Seriously, great work!!

Thx!!

46. Roel says:

Volume down (audio) on usb remote control not working on Raspberry Pi B. The same remote control is ok on Raspberry Pi 3. Volume up ok on pi b and pi 3.

47. Scampi says:

I´ve installed on my Odroid C2 the latest Release of Libreelec and now it´s crashes when i change settings, install addons ord Add Movies. Anyone else with these problemes? (I´ve used Kodi V16 before, and it was stable)

Thanks a lot

48. Patrick says:

Working great except WOL, seems to actively return to disabled state after one successfull WOL activation.

49. Siimazou says:

Finally did a fresh install of the last release.

Got a problem with automatic time. Just got germany and Berlin right. But actually i am just one hour further on my Pi2.

Anyone got an idea what to do?

Cheers

50. Goyo says:

Everything working perfectly on RPI2.
    Thanks for the hard work guys!
    What about final release? Soon?

51. Jurgen says:

Beta 2 is better for me. I have lots of buffering problems with beta 3 and not with beta 2 after I reverted.
    I planning to stay on 2 for a while.

52. Siimazou says:

Is there a way to enable Artist Slideshow in the default skin?

Can’t find the option for that feature.

1. February 12, 2017

[…] LibreELEC 7.95.3 with kodi 17 is available another beta version of LibreELEC is 7.95.3 8.0 version is a maintenance release, which fixes some issues with aarch64 devices (WeTek-hub/play 2 and Odroid C2). If no major problems occur more, LibreELEC 7.95.3 is the last version of the test. The next release will LibreELEC 8.0 with kodi 17 krypton . The current version of kodi is already included. The release notes are here you . […]