LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.95.1 BETA

LibreELEC (Krypton) 8.0 preview release continues with v7.95.1 release available for all build projects except Amlogic aarch64 devices. We have now forked and frozen the release branch on GitHub; which means from this point we allow updates to add-ons but will refuse any new feature additions, major build-system changes, and all software package bumps to the release branch unless changes resolve a known problem or critical security issue. This approach assures stability in the 8.0 release branch and continuity of Alpha testing. LibreELEC v7.95.1 is based on Kodi Krypton 17.0-RC3.

Amlogic aarch64 projects (WeTek Hub, WeTek Play 2, and Odroid C2) are excluded due to a memory leak issue we are still diagnosing. Although the problem is also present in recent Alpha builds we felt it was inappropriate to release until this is resolved as a Beta release attracts many more user-upgrades from Jarvis installs. Our investigation continues and we hope to start Beta soon.

Changes in v7.95.1 include:

• Fix atvclient IR sensor support in Krypton
  • Fix issues in ATi/Intel drivers (build with DRI3 support but default to DRI2)
  • Fix window manager (fluxbox) so apps start maximised
  • Fix numerous sync/timing issues on Amlogic ‘arm’ devices
  • Fix audio passthrough for JustBoom DAC devices for RPi
  • Fix use of colour highlighting in systemd log messages
  • Update pulse-eight CEC adapter support (libCEC 4.0.1)
  • Update to Raspberry Pi firmware to resolve minor CEC issues
  • Update to Linux 4.9.3 kernel
  • Update to Linux support patches for Raspberry Pi
  • Update to Kodi v17.0-RC3
  • Update to LibreELEC settings 0.8.7
  • Add media_build DVB driver support to Generic/RPi/RPi2 projects
  • Add UDL driver support to RPi/RPi2 projects
  • Add skin.estouchy package to the LibreELEC add-on repo

MEDIA BUILD

The team have added the CrazyCat fork of media_build drivers to the Linux 4.9 kernel used in Generic x86_64 and Raspberry Pi images. This adopts work from a long-running community release to increase the range of DVB devices that can be used “out of box” with Tvheadend/VDR. This includes TBS cards and the Geniatech T230C DVB-T2 stick.

BOOT PARTITION SIZE

The LibreELEC (Krypton) 7.95.1 image for Generic x86_64 hardware is 216MB so it fits in the 230MB boot partition size limit of older OpenELEC installations without resizing the boot partition or forcing a complete reinstallation.

** CANARY PERIOD **

LibreELEC operates a 24-hour ‘canary’ period between release files being posted for download and the release being available via auto-update. During this time LibreELEC 8.0 Alpha preview and LibreELEC 7.0.3 users can use the LibreELEC settings add-on to update manually within the Kodi GUI. To update from older LibreELEC 7.0 releases (e.g. 7.0.2) or OpenELEC use the .tar file below.

New installations using the LibreELEC USB-SD Creator app

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.95.1.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-RPi.arm-7.95.1.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.95.1.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-imx6.arm-7.95.1.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-7.95.1.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-7.95.1.img.gz (info)

New Install to WeTek internal NAND (.zip)

LibreELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-7.95.1.zip (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-7.95.1.zip (info)

Manual Update from LibreELEC 7.0 or OpenELEC (.tar)

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.95.1.tar (info)
LibreELEC-RPi.arm-7.95.1.tar (info)
LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.95.1.tar (info)
LibreELEC-imx6.arm-7.95.1.tar (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-7.95.1.tar (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-7.95.1.tar (info)

SUPPORT ASSISTANCE AND BUG REPORTS

If you spot issues, please flag them via a bug report in the forums. You are also encouraged to participate in LibreELEC development and submit fixes via GitHub!

1. Mark Quentin says:

GREAT!!!
    I´ll test it, when I´m home from work 🙂

2. DschoKeys says:

Tanks for that release! It is a pity that WeTek Hub, WeTek Play 2, and Odroid C2 users are not able to enjoy the new patches from @Peak3D. Is there any chance for the release of a 7.90.11 version with these patches included for Amlogic aarch64 devices instead of a Beta version?

3. Neil says:

Updated my Wetek Play. All good. Thanks for your hard work.

4. Fabe says:

Many thanks to the LibreELEC Team for the hard work. You guys rock… Just soon after Team Kodi release a new alpha/beta/RC/release, LibreELEC is update also. Much appreciated, great development workflow.

Will donate later via PayPal. 🙂 by the way: do you also accept donations via Bitcoin?

Again, thanks for the new BETA!!

5. Amby says:

Works. Thanks guys

6. Alex says:

Thanks. But, where is image for Odroid c2?

7. qbjack says:

Why is there no Beta 1 Update for Wetek Play 2?

8. panman says:

how would I apply this to my Pi3 without starting from a brand new image?
    is there an update option within the current LibreELEC (Jarvis) v7.0.3?

9. panman says:

also does it work with Kore remote?

10. Andreas Schalm says:

Awesome job guys! Great Work! Installed on my Pi3

11. Ryan Oneglia says:

Had openvpn trouble with tls-remote in config file. Need to change “tls-remote” with the new “verify-x509-name vpnaddress name”

Vpnaddress ia the variable.

• Justin says:

Hi Ryan, where does this need to be changed please as having the same issue?

• Ryan Oneglia says:

I have the Linux version and here’s where the config file is located:

/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.vpn.manager/UserDefined/up.sh

Find the folder for your vpn provider after /service.vpn.manager. Edit the relevant .ovpn file.

• Justin says:

Thanks Ryan, I updated to vpn manager 2.4.2 as its been changed in that version and all is well again.

12. nym says:

Boring… Most things are working fine :).

13. Tim says:

Waiting fix for the Wetek Hub 🙂

14. Meekel says:

Is there intent to release a kodi 18 alpha version ? Im dying to test the merged retroarch

15. Rene says:

SSL still doesn’t work since 7.90.009

16. Dani says:

I updated from the previous beta and now I need to press the remote twice for every single action because the first one is always ignored. Came back to the previous beta and it worked correctly again. I use the Generic x86_64 on Intel platform and mce remote.

• Mario S says:

Same for me

• AlecP says:

Works fine for me on the same platform

• Mario S says:

Witch Hardware? With Integrated IR?

• AlecP says:

Mobo : Asus_AT3IONT

IR receiver :

[ 6.932753] input: Media Center Ed. eHome Infrared Remote Transceiver (0471:0815) as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:06.0/usb4/4-1/4-1:1.0/rc/rc0/input6
            [ 6.932952] rc rc0: Media Center Ed. eHome Infrared Remote Transceiver (0471:0815) as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:06.0/usb4/4-1/4-1:1.0/rc/rc0

[ 7.007514] lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 245

[ 7.020813] rc rc0: lirc_dev: driver ir-lirc-codec (mceusb) registered at minor = 0
            [ 7.020823] IR LIRC bridge handler initialized
            [ 7.184391] mceusb 4-1:1.0: Registered Philips eHome Infrared Transceiver with mce emulator interface version 1
            [ 7.184399] mceusb 4-1:1.0: 2 tx ports (0x3 cabled) and 2 rx sensors (0x1 active)
            [ 7.184509] usbcore: registered new interface driver mceusb
            [ 7.225420] IR NEC protocol handler initialized
            [ 7.264398] IR RC6 protocol handler initialized

Harmony 650 remote

• Skipp says:

I have the Same issue with my zotac and the harmony 650!

• Holger says:

Same for me with ZOTAC zBox nano AD12, integrated IR and original MCE remote.
      Hope it will be fixed soon.

17. Mario S says:

U have trouble with my Harmony ultimate remote on zotac zbox!
    Latest alpha all was okay now i must press every Button twice for one thing!
    ( example right click on remote nothing happens second righte click and its accept)
    Switch back to latest alpha and all is okay

18. Sam says:

huge improvement for Wetek Core , now live videos play fine without lag and stuttering, and the overall experience looks stable,only problem is when waking up from power saver mode(lock screen),the Core is laging like hell and every action take a while,I don’t know if thats a memory leak but in system information it looks like 10% used from memory

• cricri0464 says:

Confirmed that Wetek core is now better than ever. The mains issue is now when it is going into sleep mode after AV is switched to other input for a long time. The Core never come up to life in my case and require to be unplugged from AC. Good job anyway.

19. glen says:

Thanks for your continued work and hard effort team LibreELEC.

A possible thing to look at on the RPi3 is that I have noticed that on Live TV Playback from Tvheadend backend using TVjeadend PVR all SD channels have pixilating lines at the bottom of the screen. This does not happen on HD playback.

Between myself and my family and friends we have 10 RPi3’s and this is replicated on all of them. I also have a HTPC with the generic Amlogic built on it and it does not happen on this machine.

I have tried most settings on both the Player options and the system, video options and can’t get rid of the lines. Any ideas or advice much appreciated.

Thanks again for your time and help in advance.

glen

20. Gatschi says:

Does anyone know if there is still the 23.976 fps h264 problem?

21. skeptic says:

There are so many issues unresolved and new findings too – is this really beta release? Really frustrating….

22. stormtroller says:

sad Odroid C2 user here. very the sad

23. HansST says:

might it be possible to release a “V7.90.011 ALPHA” version for ODROID C2 users? Based on V7.95.1 incl peak3d’s patches. I would accept memleak problem and want to stay on main LE distribution.

24. Piccione says:

Terrific release. Now with the YouTube add-on the loading and playback of the 720p and 1080p videos works like a charm with no more bufferings. My x86_64 NUC 2820 works flawlessly as always with LibreELEC.

25. bootstrap says:

How can I get the play/pause button back on the OSD? Missing on both RPi beta and S805 alpha since latest updates. Play/pause doesn’t work on my remote so I’ve had to downgrade.

26. Rison says:

Hello, this Libreelec for RPI3 is not showing watched status, even doesnt resume playback on addon BeFun.cz
    Do i need to setup some local path for storing watched status and resume points?

• RPMeow says:

Seeing this too on any media – unless you create a physical bookmark on recorded media, the ability to resume playback isn’t there on the RP3.

Other than that, wow is it fast and it literally resides in almost no memory – amazing.

• jlynton says:

I am also getting this on my RP3, it shows watched status if I watch the whole episode/film, but if I stop it half way it shows as unwatched, and does not give me the option of resuming.

This is the only (relatively minor) problem I have, thank you for all your hard work and expertise.

• Rison says:

I figured out, that missing watched and partly watched mark is matter of Estuary skin on RPI3. Estuary is default skin for Krypton, on windows shows small icon (square, half circle, tick), but on RPI3 doesnt. I changed skin to Amber and it shows watched marks. (Amber has one small issue, sometimes doesnt play video when i press return, even if default action is set to play, i must choose play from context menu – long press return or key C).

• jlynton says:

Funnily enough, last night I resumed a video, and it resumed correctly. Not sure why it worked for one and not the other, but I have not changed anything in the meantime.

27. Robert says:

Hello, short Question: why isn’t it possible to decode HEVC 10bit in Hardware with my ASROCK J3355-ITX with Apollo Lake? Have I to wait for a newer Version of ffmpeg? I tried the 7.0.3 but it couldn’t decode in hardware. Thank you!

28. Chris J says:

Just to say thanks to everyone for 7.95.1 Beta release as it seems to have cured both the sound amd video problems on my AMD E450 powered Nettop PC!

29. S80_UK says:

Thanks for the update. Upgraded on my MSI Cubi N with Celeron N3060. So far, “it just works”. Time for a donation. 🙂

30. Ben says:

Thanks for all this great work!

31. Scott says:

Cause issues with my Intel NUC5CPYH. I had 7.90.010 and hdmi sound going to my sound bar working fine. I upgraded to 7.95.1 and the ALSA: Default (IntelHDMI IntelHDMI) device is no longer present in the device list after an upgrade. HDMI sound no longer works obviously.

32. Roland says:

Great update, brought 4 DVB-C usb tuners back alive!

33. Remy says:

ODROID-C2 user here, good call to wait with the beta until the memory issue is solved. Guess my memory was full once, my framerate went to 10 fps or so with it skipping frames. Only way to solve it was a restart, so I guess it was the memory issue.

Unrelated to this update or other updates, I’m watching Avatar The Last Airbender and sometimes the video freezes while the audio keeps playing. That requires me to stop the video and continue from that point to fix it. Anybody know what causes it?

• bogchop says:

I have this same issue sometimes also. Pausing, stopping then continuing fixes it. How do we submit a bug for that?

34. hellzzy says:

Slit non working DTS passthrough on Hifiberry Digi+ for RPi3

35. Tigas says:

Thanks for all this great work!

36. Ozz says:

Amazing work!!
    Problems with AMD DRI3 on older hardware solved with DRI2!!!

37. georg says:

hey there,
    actually I am using a milhouse libreelec kodi 17 nightly build from september 2016
    Is it possible to manually update to this beta version ?

thx in advance!

38. Skeptic says:

Any updates regarding memory leak issue on Odroid C2? Two weeks passed – still nothing. Boring…

• Great Dane says:

That was a great thanks to the people spending their spare time creating free software for you. Well done, Sir…

• skeptic says:

No question of it at all. I’m quite sure they’ll do their best. I’m just curious to know current status at the moment (like any solution in sight)…

39. Michael says:

went back to 7.90.10 Alpha on Raspberry Pi 2. Alpha is very stable, while Beta increases Ram Usage until system freezes.
    Hope, next Beta will be stable again.

40. Coffeeman says:

I’ve been forced to revert back to 7.90.10 Alpha.
    Generic Intel/AMD build – got a strange issue with my DVB-S/T/C card not receiving DVB-S channels sporadically.

41. Mubs says:

Downgraded back to 7.90.10 Alpha, Beta didn’t scan DVBS muxes at all, kept the scan pending waited for 2 days with no results, then switched back to Alpha 7.90.10. Although the issues I’ve been experiencing in 7.90.10 Alpha, were solved in Beta Krypton, but for the sake of basic purpose (DVBS), I had to switch back. (issue I experience in 7.90.10 Alpha are hanging of device, CEC connection as well as ssh lost when device is kept on stand by, needed to reboot the device)

• Mubs says:

Update— Unfortunately all of sudden my wetek crashed ans on reboot could not connect to wifi, and tvheadend server, So I re flashed back to LibreElec 7.95.10 Beta, and right now every thing seems to work fine, only oscam needs to reconfigure .. Took a Back up immediately, and saved that on my PC in case I may need it …

42. TCHAMMER says:

Kodi 17 is Final now you can Download it in Kodi site. The News on the site was not updated but in the download Section you can Download it I. Hope Libreelec Final come soon.

LE 7.95.2 will be released late tonight or early tomorrow depending on where you are and how much frothy topped beverage I consume this evening. Although it is LE beta it will have Kodi 17.0 final inside. We need to confirm various issues are resolved first before moving towards an 8.0.0 release.

43. VolksDude says:

If I installed LE 7.95.2, when version 8 comes out, will I need to do a complete reinstall or an in place upgrade through the LibreElec Kodi Plugin would work?

44. Stan says:

Hi Guys,

I just try my TechnoTrend TT-connect S2-4600 DVB-S on Raspberry Pi 2, unfortunately, DVB Input -> TV Adaptor section of the Tvheadend is empty… for some reason cannot detect my tuner, probably some module/driver problem.

Here is some more info: