LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.010 ALPHA

LibreELEC (Krypton) 8.0 preview builds continue with v7.90.010 containing Kodi v17.0-beta7 and a few package updates as this will be the final alpha build before we start beta. We have moved up to the Linux 4.9 kernel and have resolved a number of longer-running bugs.

Changes in v7.90.010 include:

• Add overlayfs support to Amlogic 3.14 kernel
  • Add aarch64 support to docker components
  • Add synaptic touchpad driver to Xorg
  • Add script for Intel/nVidia EDID capture and setup
  • Remove virtualbox support from Virtual project

** CHRISTMAS ‘CANARY’ PERIOD **

LibreELEC normally operates a 24-hour ‘canary’ period between release files being posted for download and the release being available via auto-update. To avoid support problems during the Christmas period when project staff are “doing the family thing” auto-update will be disabled until 27th December. During this time Krypton users can update manually using the LibreELEC settings add-on. Jarvis users wanting to update can use the older .tar file method.

New installations using the LibreELEC USB-SD Creator app

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.90.010.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-RPi.arm-7.90.010.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.90.010.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-imx6.arm-7.90.010.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.90.010.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-7.90.010.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-7.90.010.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Hub.aarch64-7.90.010.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Play_2.aarch64-7.90.010.img.gz (info)

New Install to WeTek internal NAND (.zip)

LibreELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-7.90.010.zip (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-7.90.010.zip (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Hub.aarch64-7.90.010.zip (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Play_2.aarch64-7.90.010.zip (info)

Manual Update from LibreELEC 7.0 or OpenELEC (.tar)

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.90.010.tar (info)
LibreELEC-RPi.arm-7.90.010.tar (info)
LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.90.010.tar (info)
LibreELEC-imx6.arm-7.90.010.tar (info)
LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.90.010.tar (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-7.90.010.tar (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-7.90.010.tar (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Hub.arm-7.90.010.tar (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Play_2.arm-7.90.010.tar (info)

SUPPORT ASSISTANCE AND BUG REPORTS

If you spot issues, please flag them via a bug report in the forums. You are also very welcome and encouraged to get involved and submit fixes via GitHub!

1. Sami says:

does the HD video playback problems in Wetek Core “amlogic” have been fixed and can we expect any improvement ?

2. Rick says:

Good work guys

3. Gary Champion says:

Installed on Z8300 Cherrytrailintel 2G/16G box, running well so far. Nice works for Xmas guys!

4. Gary Donnison says:

Thank you. Nice work. Merry Xmas to all.

5. Jose says:

Installed on Rpi3 TV plugin Tvheadend does not play. Merry Xmas

6. phil says:

Great work guys. But still the same problem with libcec since it was updated to version 4 in the last alpha. It is not working the right way. Audio output is working but there is no video output. I’m using a generic device; gigabyte brix with intel core i7.

7. Bite Your Idols! says:

– Fix screensaver activation when Bluetooth devices are connected

I think it is related with this issue:

but it still happens… 🙁

8. rito says:

At first glance it is working great on a C2. Installed on eMMC – it flies…

9. S80_UK says:

Installed on MSI Cubi-N box with Celeron N3060. Working nicely. Impressed now that the Intel graphics can efficiently delinterlace a few 1080i Blu-ray rips that I have. Really appreciate getting this release for the holidays. Thank you to the LE team.

10. Andreas says:

Is the Pulse-Eight CEC fixed?

11. FireMan says:

Damn! The partition is too small to update from 008 to 010…. Need to change the partition size. LoL

12. FakeMoth says:

Anyone tried this on a Cubox-I 4 Pro?

13. Michael says:

installed on cubox, after first reboot system freeze, after second reboot everything works fine, tvheadend inkl. pvr client still working, live tv is save, thanks for update and merry christmas

14. CuBox User says:

@FakeMoth I am currently using 7.90.010 Alpha on a CuBox-I 4 Pro, I some time ago switched from OpenElec 7.0 b3 to LibreElec 7.90.008 Alpha. For me anything is working fine, this actually does not feal like an Alpha. But your experience may depend on your particular usage/demand. Best regards and many thanks to all developers for their great work – Merry Christmas!

15. Jose Arcadio Morales says:

Hi,

thank you for your hard work.

Any chance for ac3 5.1 with Live TV on Wetek Play with LibreELEC 8 ?

Still, even if sync playback to display is OFF and passtrough is set ON we have only PCM 2.0 audio 🙁 .

No problem with 5.1 audio on LiveTV with 7.0.2 version.

Merry Xmas to all.
    JAM

16. FireMan says:

Looks like Intel NUC + Denon Receiver will never work together again if you chose to change the vsync to match the video playback….
    Sad.

17. Gopes says:

Quick question how can I put my own background/wallpaper in Krypton? I can’t seem to find a way. 🙁

18. Peter says:

Hi,
    Can you let me know please which link I should use for Beelink Mini MXIII (S905)?

19. rabaraf says:

LE 7.90.010 on Odroid-C2 comparing with LE 7.0.2 on RPi2 is a nightmare. Estuary is awful: big icons, when comparing to Confluence in 7.0.2 it’s needed to press remote much more time to navigate menus. Therefore I decided to check Confluence in 7.90.010 and… disaster: Movies menu contain now Directors and Studios sub-categories but Recently Added is removed – disaster, changing menus is lagging, in CEC three settings (Remote button press delay before repeating, Remote button press repeat rate, Remote button press release time) are removed and therefore Panasonic TV remote usage is almost not possible (double press is over detected) Stop/Pause/Rewind buttons on TV remote doesn’t work. E 7.0.2 is much much better than 7.90.010 Alpha build. It would be the best option if someone make a port of LE 7.0.2 for Odroid-C2

• Hal says:

Install the Estuary Classic skin straight from GitHub. The recent alpha’s are using version 2 of Estuary, which is kinda blah. The guy(s) working on the skin I doubt will change. There’s a lot of complaints about it from users, but he seems pretty hard headed not to change (in my opinion) the massive waste of real estate on the home screen. It’s all free to us so how can we complain..right? right?

20. Mitchell says:

There already is a 7.x version for the C2 available. Check the Hardkernel forums.

• rabaraf says:

I have found it. I installed wrxtasy’s “LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.1.Dec” build first making backup of my Kodi on RPi2 and then restoring on Odroid-C2. Now I’m satisfied,

• rito says:

But this one’s still Jarvis and not Krypton!

• rabaraf says:

So what? All my library’s content is properly handled with my Receiver: x265, x264, AC3, DTS 6.1, DTS-HD, TrueHD, etc.., so what’s the reason to go for Krypton? The only reason I upgraded from Raspberry Pi2 to Odroid-C2 is x265 (HEVC) – RPi2 is not able to handle this format as more CPU power is needed.

• rito says:

Good for you! But this blog post is about a Krypton Alpha. 7.1.1, the build you are writing about, is different from the 7.9 which is offered here.

21. Fred Lang says:

updatet on Wetek Play
    CEC ist Working now, THANK YOU

22. Calvin says:

When will LibreElec 8.0 become a Stable release. Does anyone have any ideas to when it will become stable

23. Alan says:

Just noticed with a fresh to nand install of wetek play 1 the aml autoscript is missing from the zip. Is that not needed anymore?

24. mzurhorst says:

My 7.90.009 is not updating automatically?
    — Has the update been enabled on the server?

25. Jeroen says:

Running on Macmini. I upgraded from 7.0.2 to the new v7.90.010 ALPHA.
    However now my Apple Remote (IR) does no longer work.
    Does anybody know what to do about this?

26. ajb says:

Is there still no way to alter kernel parameters (7.90.010 on Wetek Play 2)?

Depends on what params you’d be trying to alter.. post in the forums with more information and people will be able to respond.

27. Rostam says:

Ever since I switched from openelec beta or any release from openelec to Libreelec alpha release I get tearing as described here: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-1946.html

my GPU is: AMD Radeon HD 6310

28. MarkyMark says:

Rostam,

There is a fix in the thread you listed.. using EXA over GLAMOR in the cp /etc/X11/xorg-radeon.conf file fixed my issue on a AMD e350 system. Updates have retained the settings for me as well. Works perfectly.

• Rostam says:

Cool, I’m glad there is a fix! I will look into it. Hopefully it will be included in the next release so I will not forget if I ever reinstall.

29. debartand says:

Looks really nice! Thanks!

@Hifiberry Users: Keep in mind that hifiberry (e.g. hifiberry-amp+) currently doesn’t support Kernel 4.9. (Look here: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-3332.html)

30. Charomges says:

Hello, I have trouble to upgrade from previous version 009 for raspberry pi 3. There is message with wrong md5 or corrupted archive filé. Please can you check. It is possible to upgrade or you need to do clear instalation?

31. Goga777 says:

with 7.90.010/09 I have the regression with amlogic hardware decoding. If that option is activated several h264 1080i iptv channels doesn’t play. If I will activate software decoding, that those channels will play, but due to cpu overloading the video is not smooth. Have you seen such regression as well ?

BTW – RC1 kodi 17 released. When LE will update as well ?

32. Vannmann says:

Installed this on my old school Acer aspire nettop with Samsung ssd and ion graphics, after using OpenElec for the past few years. Works amazing and it feels so good to be back on the cutting edge. Everything works great and is awesomely smooth. Great job, guys!

33. ixnu says:

Installed on Broadwell NUC and video eventually fails. Audio with passthrough works, but video is a mess.

Any thoughts?

34. TCHAMMER says:

Kodi 17 RC2 Is avalible now. Happy New Year everyone 😉

35. Essa Moshiri says:

Hi. I got an issue with the latest Beta and I am not sure if it is a bug or it is a lack of knowledge.

My Setup:
    Panasonic Plasma TV connected to Pioneer SC-LX57 amplifier
    Zotac EI750 running LibreElec with 16GB of Ram and 512GB SSD (Overkill , i know).

Problem: the problem i got is that I am running the sound through my amplifier. This works very well for all 5.1 sound including the DTS-HD etc. However anything which is in Stereo i can’t hear or don’t get a sound of the system.

I have checked the setting and can’t find any setting which would sort my issue out. Any tips or guidance would be most grateful.

• Chris says:

Similar problem here: AC3 stereo sound does not work – I cannot get sound via HDMI, even video playback is stuttering. Any other combination testet so far works (AC3-5.1, MP3 Stereo).

36. Kiran Kumar says:

Trailers are not working for me on my Odroid C2. Am I missing some setting? Thanks for the update guys.

37. Jeroen says:

Thanks for all the hard work, LibreElec and Kodi developers. Loving these releases on my rPI 3!

38. Tim says:

Great stuff

39. Sakos says:

Sorry to say, but this beta has too many issues.
    – CEC is not working with pulse-eight adapter since 009
    – Hifiberry Amp+ is not working since 010
    – New pvr-hts may cause Kodi to crash since 010 (ticket opened)
    – Kodi may freeze at opening a webradio since 009 (ticket opened)
    – Kodi may crash at boot since 009 (ticket opened)

40. Gerrit says:

DTS and DTS-HD is not getting passed through at all to my receiver with the C2. If I turn on AC3 transcode it’s getting transcoded automatically. If I use my Rpi3 instead, same version and settings, everything is working fine and the receiver gets a dts stream.

41. Petes says:

Any chance we get larger font size for Estuary?

42. Goga777 says:

my wetek play can’t play a lot of Live h264 SD/HD iptv streams with activated hardware amlogic decoding – please fix that issue, which arisen in the latest 09/10 alpha. Here is more details https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-3421.html

Amlogic support in Krypton is still undergoing major surgery to resolve a bunch of timing, clock, and sync issues. It’s still very much “work in progress” .. but things are slowly being ticked off the list. I can’t promise this is resolved in 7.95.1 as it might be a little longer before testing completes and further changes are merged in.

• Goga777 says:

has LE team all necessary info/docs from AMlogic to fix all issue ? Or you should wait something from AMlogic ?

43. MadMadden says:

CEC is not working with my internal Pulse-Eight Adapter

44. Iggy White says:

Extremely unstable version. Most unstable so far, and I’ve been using Kodi/XBMC for a few years (as OpenELEC and LibreELEC) on the same hardware. Freezes every few hours and has video and audio glitches. Far, far, far from final release.

Thanks for your bug report. I have passed all the technical data submitted to our crystal ball team for detailed analysis.

• Iggy White says:

Shallow sarcasm won’t find nor fix said bugs. Btw, I wasn’t blaming you, I was just stating facts. I use LibreELEC installed on Intel NUC (D34010WYKH, Intel 4400 graphics) with 8GB RAM and 64GB mSSD. Media files are located on Sans Digital 4-bay JBOD enclosure attached via USB 2.0. NUC is connected to the Samsung HDMI TV via Marantz SR-5006 a/v receiver (audio is passed through to the a/v). Logitech Harmony remote is used via FLIRC. I presume most problems lie in KODI, not in LibreELEC itself, since I noticed some display problems on my Linux notebook machine with standard KODI installations since version 15 or 16. On older versions (Gotham and older) there were never any problems with video. Now there is stuttering after playing next video, freezes when video finishes, broken menu graphics when video finishes or after returning from prolonged intervals of inactivity (blank screen). I didn’t notice any significant problems with audio. Most of my media is in either h.264 or h.265 video formats and mkv containers. I can make more tests, but that would take significant amount of time, since I cannot figure out exactly when or why these bugs appear.

No debug log = No problem

• Andrew says:

I keep following the forums, trac, and the blog comments because I have this same issue. I’m also aware of the necessity of a debug log for the team to be able to look into the problem.
            The problem is that when I have debug logging turned on, the freezes/glitches do not occur.
            I’m also on a NUC with Intel graphics, and I too notice the issue when playing subsequent videos. Never the first episode, but always when the next episode begins. And I want to report it properly but I can’t “catch the bug” with debut logging because I never experience the issue with debug log enabled! :/

45. Kai Schmalenbach says:

is there, by any chance a word about kabylake and the Support for HEVC 10bit-Decoding in Hardware?
    i moved to a Core i3 7100U which only works with V8, but i’m not able to find a Word about that.
    (happy new year and keep up the brilliant work many thx)

It will be supported in Kodi v18 not v17 .. some work has been done that in limited testing appears to work well, but the upstream developers feel it needs more proving.

46. Razon says:

I have an older type of HTPC, Asrock ION 330HT with Intel atom and Geforce ION, is there a way to see correct CPU core temperatures? Kodi shows at least 25 celsius less than it is in BIOS, sometimes it only shows question marks on both the CPU and GPU. Thanks.

47. WitWolfy says:

Almost unusable on RPI3. Laggy as fudge, build glitch out and not very well optimized.

This is not the experience of our normal alpha/internal testers (which include technical folk from the pi foundation). Please post a system and kodi debug log to a thread in the forums so we can identify where things have gone wrong on your system.

48. me says:

Running Pi2 with DVBSky S960. Since the update to v7.90.010 TVHeadend has continous data errors. Watching and/or recording liveTV is not possible. Worked stable in all prior releases. After downgrade to v7.90.009 data errors disappeard and TVHeadend worked fine again.

49. Wardrum says:

Any way to install lm-sensors to libreelec? Seems there is an issue with the reported temperatures.

50. Goga777 says:

btw – is it possible to monitor CPU temperature on wetek play ? if yes, how ?

51. pstruh says:

My RPi2 running v7.90.010, very stable and much faster compared to previous builds! Thanks

52. Andreas says:

My Odroid-C2 is running v7.90.010 but i have a problem. My tv remote control, with CEC enabled, stops working after a few seconds. If i change source and return to HDMI it works again, but again just for a few seconds, then it stops responding.

53. majed says:

Hello
    My c120 Air mouse has stopped working when I switched to 7.90.010 from 7.03. My one big issue is that the keybord and the up /down Home/R-Mouse/Back button doesn’t work Except The gyroscope move of mouse cursor. I tested all (Krypton) v7.90.0xx versions always the same problem
    Any help plz

54. Bernd says:

Updating Database after startup didn’t work since 7.90.009, is this an known bug ?

55. b says:

i use it on raspberry pi 3 and everything is working fine, till now (:
    thank you very much !

there is only on little problem, that i dont can fix on my own…

i use it with a wireless keyboard and ü,ö,ä and ß dont work.

56. Sam says:

will the next update contain Kodi RC2 or RC3 ?
    and thanks for your efforts

57. cricri0464 says:

Hi, Will the amltiming patches from peak3d’s be part of the next LE update, and are they applicable to Wetek Core ? Thanks

58. Alessandro says:

Hi, I have installed this version on my rpi2 but now the tv remote (cec trough hdmi) doesn’t work anymore. How can i fix it? With last stabile version it works correctly.

Thanks

59. Jason says:

Hi All, I recently installed Libreelec v7.90.10-alpha on my RP2 which is connected to an Onkyo AMP and Samsung TV. I have found it runs great however the only issue I have is that when I turn on my TV which in turn, turns on my AMP and the RP2 that HDMI is advising ‘no signal’. I have tried to switch between another source and back but it still advises ‘no signal’. The only way I can get it to work is switching the RP2 off and on again. I have tried some HDMI settings in the config.txt file however while it does work it stops stops CEC from working.

Just to add, this was working fine under my previously installed version e.g. Openelec 5.0.8. Anyways any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Andreas says:

Hi Jason, i recently had a similar problem with my Samsung tv and CEC not working properly and i solved it by simply changing HDMI port. Give it a try and connect you HDMI cable to another HDMI SLOT. It is very simple and you never know, it might work.

1. December 23, 2016

[…] This has to do not with kodi, but more to the base first and foremost. Developers to write in the , notice that there are some already existing bugs of the world created by this […]