LibreELEC (Jarvis) v7.0.3 MR

LibreELEC (Jarvis) v7.0.3 MR is a minor update bringing “armchair upgrades” to the settings add-on, firmware support for the BCM2837 based Raspberry Pi 2B+ and drivers for the new Hifiberry Digi+ Pro card. Fixes for Kodi Jarvis stopped after our v7.0.2 release in June so there are no Kodi changes, and the developer team has been focussed on Krypton for some time so we do not want to introduce new issues at this late stage in the Jarvis lifecycle by forcing major OS changes. Add-on updates for 7.0 releases will continue (if add-on maintainers submit changes) but 7.0.3 MR is the final LibreELEC 7.0 release. The team is now “full speed ahead” towards Krypton.

UPDATE CHANNELS

The “check for update” function in LibreELEC Settings displays official releases and allows manual updates without copy/pasting .tar files to samba shares or running wget commands from the SSH console. Setting “LibreELEC 8.0” as the update channel allows easy manual update from 7.0.3 to a current Krypton preview, or the final LibreELEC 8.0 release when it arrives.

The video below shows manual update to a LibreELEC 8.0 preview release:

AUTO-UPDATE TO KRYPTON?

Users frequently ask us whether LibreELEC will automatically update to Krypton when released. The answer is no. In our experience the combined OS and Kodi update easily but users see issues with add-ons. For this reason the decision to update to 8.0 must be user-initiated (and ideally after a backup is taken and moved off-box). The new update channels feature in LibreELEC 7.0.3 helps to make the manual update easy – all you need is a remote control.

BOOT/DISK PARTITION SIZE

The LibreELEC 7.0.3 image for Generic x86_64 hardware is 215MB. This means it will fit in the 230MB boot partition size limit of older OpenELEC installations without resizing the boot partition or forcing a complete reinstallation.

**REMINDER**

LibreELEC operates a 24-hour ‘canary’ period between maintenance release files being posted to the download page and the release being available via auto-update and the noobs lite installer.

That’s all. Enjoy 🙂

1. Commerzpunk says:

You guys are great. This is software as it should be! Thanks a lot!

2. Kiran Kumar says:

Thanks a lot guys! Happy new year.

3. hackbird says:

Hey, just want to ask you something. I am a bit confused (maybe alcohol last night 🙂 )))
    At the moment i use the 7.90.009 alpha …. so whats the different between this and LibreELEC (Jarvis) v7.0.3 MR???

THX And all HAPPY NEW YEAR 2017!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Ted Carlsson says:

XBMC has not changed a lot since it was on original XBOX. I’m happy it is still being developed. Cant help to feel like it is less functional than it was before. Hopefully something better can grow from the ashes of Confluence.

5. Lee says:

So which is better 7.0.3 or 8?

6. Ananias says:

Happy new year
    I am on 7.0.3 how can i update to MR??

thnx

7. I’m having problems when using the LibreELEC USB-SD Creator App.
    My Setup: Intel Celeron x86-64 (Ivy Bridge), 4 GiB RAM, LibreElec starts from a 16GB USB-Stick

When I use the App to install from a second USB-Stick everything works great. But after removing the install stick LibreElec enters a splash screen loop (mouse pointer on black screen, then splash screen, back to black, back to splash…)

When I write the same install image to the install stick using Win32DiskImager, the installation is the same. But afterwards my system passes the splash screen and I actually get to Kodi.

I have no idea why this happens but I could reproduce it on two x86-64 PCs.

Michael

8. Marco says:

Can I step back from 7.0.3 to 7.0.2 with the manual update ? I have had some problems after the update. After I select play on a movie most of the time I cannot stop it anymore and on the bottom right corner I have a wait window… It’s weird…

• JimmySmith says:

Yes, you can. Well, lets say I understand manual update just copy .tar via scp/samba..

If you set the libreelec-7.0 update channel you can “show versions” and roll back using the new GUI manual update function. Although to be clear, there are no Kodi changes in the release so functionality/bugs/etc. should be the same.

9. col says:

should I update from 7.0.2 to 7.0.3?

It is not an essential update. The prime purpose is to ship the GUI manual update function so that users can update to Kodi Krypton (current preview builds or main release when it ships) without needing to copy/paste .tar files around.

10. Grizzler says:

Is it possible to downgrade from v7.90.010 ALPHA to this version?

Yes, although when you downgrade you will have add-ons created for Krypton installed in Jarvis which could cause issues. It’s best to do a soft reset after downgrading to clear the Kodi configuration.

11. Brett Wildermoth says:

What happened to the cubox-i4 version of 7.0.3?

12. Alister says:

After update to LibreELEC (Jarvis) v7.0.3 MR picons are no longer displayed

13. Johan says:

Hello
    Sorry if this has been answered already, but will Confluence skin be included (and/or working?) with your Krypton final release?
    I prefer Confluence and my kids does too 🙂

14. Mikeyy says:

Hello chewitt,

Can you please check http://releases.libreelec.tv/LibreELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-7.0.3.zip again.
    I downloaded it 5 days ago and after flashing on nand it gives this error:
    *** Error in mount_storage: mount_common: Could not mount /dev/data ***
    ### Starting debugging shell… type exit to quit ###
    sh: can’t access tty: job control turned off
    # _

Tried everything, but every time I flash it with that file, I get same error.

Only after I received LE 7.0.2 ZIP from Wetek support, I was able to flash LE to NAND.
    Upgrade from 7.0.2 to 7.0.3 via interface went fine.

1. January 6, 2017

[…] Jarvis v7. 0.3 MR is only a minor maintenance version , but also the last LibreELEC version of series 7.x. There will be another update for the Add-ons, […]