LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.007 ALPHA

LibreELEC (Krypton) 8.0 preview builds continue with v7.90.007 containing Kodi v17.0-beta3 which is starting to focus less on big changes and more on bug fixing. Amlogic audio also makes a leap forwards thanks to @kwiboo and @longchair from the RasPlex and Plex Inc. teams completing Amlogic kernel changes that allow hardware auto-detection capabilities in Kodi to “just work” without hacks.

The LibreELEC settings add-on now has a function to submit essential log files to a paste website and display the URL shortcode. This allows less experienced users to demonstrate an issue and share logs with developers without learning SSH and Linux terminal commands first. Original credit belongs to Gordon at FiveNinjas who has been collaborating with us to adapt the Raspberry Pi Compute Module based “Slice” box to use LibreELEC – a preview build for the Slice is now available in the forums.

Changes in v7.90.007 include:

• Fix ‘chmod’ ownership of /storage during boot
  • Fix Amlogic 3.14 kernel audio presentation to alsa
  • Fix support for HK RTC shield on Odroid C2
  • Fix unwanted debug logging in RTL8812AU driver
  • Update nVidia legacy driver to 340.98
  • Update core builds to Linux 4.7.6
  • Update Kodi to v17-beta3
  • Update Raspberry Pi Linux and Kodi support patches
  • Update iMX6 kernel to 4.4.19
  • Update iMX6 firmware and fix Kodi patches
  • Update Odroid C2 project to use our own linux-amlogic 3.14 kernel
  • Update wording and presentation of boot-time backup/restore messages
  • Update boot config to ensure /storage/backup is always created
  • Add support for log submission to and shortcode display
  • Add initial support for the WeTek Play 2 (S905) device
  • Add default xorg.conf to enable DRI/Glamour support on AMD cards
  • Add initial support for Intel Baytrail 32-bit EFI booting
  • Add serial console service to WeTek_Hub

We are anticipating another couple of Kodi beta releases before a release candidate appears, so our next alpha build will move LibreELEC 8.0 up to Linux 4.8 kernel. This bump has already been in testing for several weeks via @milhouse builds and is well proven on Raspberry Pi and x86 hardware which make up the larger portions of our userbase.

Reminder: LibreELEC settings has been moved to the Kodi Settings screen.

New installations using the LibreELEC USB-SD Creator app

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.90.007.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-RPi.arm-7.90.007.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.90.007.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-imx6.arm-7.90.007.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.90.007.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-7.90.007.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-7.90.007.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Hub.aarch64-7.90.007.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Play_2.aarch64-7.90.007.img.gz (info)

New Install to WeTek internal NAND (.zip) (info) (info) (info) (info)

Manual Update from LibreELEC 7.0 or OpenELEC (.tar)

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.90.007.tar (info)
LibreELEC-RPi.arm-7.90.007.tar (info)
LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.90.007.tar (info)
LibreELEC-imx6.arm-7.90.007.tar (info)
LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.90.007.tar (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-7.90.007.tar (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-7.90.007.tar (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Hub.arm-7.90.007.tar (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Play_2.arm-7.90.007.tar (info)

If you spot issues, please flag them via a bug report in the forums. You are also very welcome and encouraged to get involved and submit fixes via GitHub!

1. Envagyok75 says:

Add initial support for Intel Baytrail 32-bit EFI booting
    Then it can install on baytrail with uefi32 bit bios?

2. Christian says:

Is it possible to Autoupdate from existing 006 Alpha?

Yes, if you wait patiently for the 24-hr canary period to expire (another 12h to go) and have enabled auto-update (the default is off).

3. Hal says:

Works great so far on C2, after update from .005. LibreELEC team rocks again with their pacing of releases!
    Static audio (non-passthrough) no longer exists (from .006) and issues with ff/rew/jumpto in videos seem to work smoother as well.

4. dogstar says:

Is it possible to upgrade from this release from LE 7.0.0? And can I downgrade back from this release to LE 7.0.0 if necessary?

Upgrade is no problem. Downgrade occasionally requires you to clear guisettings.xml and you’ll loose DB changes made since the version upgrade, but that’s mostly fixed with a quick library update. Not usually much drama. Take a backup before you update though, then it’s always simple to retrace steps.

Love the Goldeneye inspired image 🙂
    Reminds of playing it on N64!

6. Marciano says:

On odroid C2 audio settings when select 5.1 and passtrough with dts hd, true hd, ac3 on
    Then with live tv i get pcm no dolby digital.
    With watching movie or serie from library i get dts hd and dolby digital.
    Strange that with live tv it’s only pcm while the audio stream ac3 5.1 is

7. Juarrox says:

it’s disabled PVR on raspberry pi?

8. EagleEyeX says:

trakt can’t be installed it gives depend. failed on (Wetek_Hub)

9. Kxv says:

Thanks for the quick update!

10. Ozz says:

Hi, I would love to provide a log, but my setup needs to pass the GF approval and I’ve to downgrade rapidly 😛
    This version has a seriuos problem with video sync with AMD E350, a lot of tearing. I’ve never experienced this before.
    Also, I feel a little regression in Wi-Fi performance, but my house is a bunker anti-wifi; a Chilean house that survived a 9+ and a 8,8 magnitud earthquake.
    As I say, I found extremely awesome the utility to send logs, but my GF wanted to see Arrow “now”, so, I had to prioritize… a GF that enjoys my superhero and Sci-Fi series/movies or send a log 😛

• Klojum says:

Please use the LibreELEC forum for sending in any bug reports, the news section is by no means a good way to chat about bugs in detail.

11. lukcinek says:

Thx for this and other builds. I have Wetek Core – everything works but…there are two problems.
    My Favorites hub (when I push Back buton on my pilot) opens normally…but when I choose some extension (like YouTube or other) nothing happends:( To open any extension I must go to Extension menu and open it from there.
    I also have some problems with stutter (mini lag) when I play every kind of video (it happens every 2 or 3 minutes). It is barely visable but it is:(
    I don’t know those are know bugs…If they are sorry for…
    Once more thanx to entire crew to Libreeloc on Wetek Core

12. borsup says:

Can anyone explain how manually upgrade to this last version ?
    I actually use Krypton 7.90.004 release on Raspberry pi3, and would like to upgrade to last version, so I just downloaded “LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.90.007.tar” but I don’t know what to do with this file ?
    Can someone tell me please ? Many thanks in advance.

13. lukcinek says:

Hi borsup
    Go to My Computer
    In command line type:
    \\Your device ip here and click ENTER
    Copy .tat file to UPDATE catalog and restart Your device
    Best regards

14. Kaveh says:

Hi, I updated LibreELEC to v7.90.007 on my RPi3 device but suddenly LCDproc stopped working!

15. PunkChen says:

I updated from Milhouse nightly to v7.90.007 on my RPi3, looks pretty good. But one think bothers me, where is the suspend option gone? It was in the nightlys for weeks. Is there a way to activate it or will it be included in the next build?

• Milhouse says:

There is no suspend support in official releases, it’s still an experimental feature and only available in Milhouse builds.

16. Nymus says:

Looks good here, keep rocking!

17. Dan says:

Auto update from 7.9006 failed for me on an RPI3.. rebooted to start and just ended up with a black screen.

have had to re-image my card.

• Milhouse says:

Most likely Kodi crashing for some reason, such as an incompatible add-on – I believe one of the inputstream add-ons may be causing a problem. Deleting the add-on would have fixed the problem without resorting to a re-image install.

18. Roofer-Rick says:

Is anyone else having trouble on a rpi2 with mediaportal tv server Addon saying addon couldn’t be loaded an unknown error has occurred.
    It was working fine before with 7.90.006 and a clean install doesn’t help

19. Willame Dantas says:

Como faço para ativa o transmission, já tentei fazer por algumas dicas aqui do portal mais ocorre erro ao iniciar serviço: service.system.docker.service not found.

20. Willame Dantas says:

How do I activate the transmission? I’ve tried to do for some tips here the portal more error occurs when starting service: service.system.docker.service not found.

21. Dave Blake says:

CEC works!! 🙂
    I have never had this working on my Sony TV using OE no matter what I tried. So when it didn’t work with earlier versions of LE I just accepted it. But auto update installed 7.90.007 (seemlessly, I didn’t even realise it was enabled) and suddenly I can use CEC.
    Well done guys, great job.

22. Rich says:

With 007 kodi kicks me out of Live tv (specifically IPTV Simple client with a .m3u list) after a couple of minutes. I know its not the Raspberry Pi, Connection or List that is the problem. Is this a build issue or could id be a dodgy micro SD card?

• saku says:

Same thing is happening to me. Approx 45 seconds-1 min in to a stream it goes back to the channel listing. IPTV simple client and .m3u list on an acer revo rl80 so I don’t think it’s your SD card. Anyone else having this issue?

23. Alan says:

Flashing / Installing this or the previous release to WeTek Play 1 (For a fresh install) just hangs at the Libreelec logo and eventualy says unable to mount /data.

But updateing from 7.0.2 (Which I can no longer find a link to download) seems to work… ok but still not fully stable and seems to get corrupted quickly. (After a couple of reboots tries to fix / fsck the partitions and tells me there is an unrecoverable error yet then next reboot it boots).

First issue first. Are you copying the .zip file over to the SD card or unpacking the zip and copying the 4-5 files inside the folder in the zip to the SD card?

• Alan says:

I’m unpacking the zip and copying the files inside to the SD. (So I end up with just the files and zip file from within the origional download on the SD)

The Flash / Install completes (the android logo with progress bar).

Then when booting it just hangs at the libreelec logo and if left long enough the error unable to mount /data shows up.

24. Soapy Smith says:

On my Wetek Core (after updating from 006 to 007) I get a “Database migration in progress” every time it boots, it only lasts a couple of seconds and everything else is fine. I didn’t get this message on any of the other previous versions.

Anything to worry about?

btw, I have a massive database if that matters.

The DB upgrade notifications are new in 17b3 but Kodi devs have missed the mark on the implementation as you see the message on every boot and not just when it actually does upgrade work on the DB. It’s not something to worry about and is known. We’ve given feedback to upstream folk.

• Soapy Smith says:

Thanks, you da man

• mark-aus-51 says:

Thanks for this info, too!

This was the only issue, I was worrying about. Otherwise LibreELEC 7.90.007 ist working nealy perfect with my two Pi3s

…quite in contrast to the Build for the Odroid C2. It seems, that there is still some work to do for the Odroid C2 build.

25. neographikal says:

On my Atom with a ION gpu 80% of the mkv’s refuses to play, results in a crash and restart of Kodi

26. Dan says:

Hi and thanks for all your great work!

Since this update (was using .006) airplay (using Airfoils) stopped working.
    Is this a known error or should I post some logs?

27. Spitze says:

When will be the Kodi default Skin Estouchy be in LibreELEC??

28. Michael says:

Addon Tracktv isnt working in odroid C2

29. tnds82 says:

On Wetek Play 2 when play channels on live tv with encode mpeg2 image black after minutes with channels mpeg4 work fine

30. Sweeny says:

Can not install Addons for example SuperRepo/Fusion via Filemanager – Nothing happens. Is that normal?

31. mark-aus-51 says:

…both Repos are fortunately on the official Kodi Repository blacklist. So you’ll get no support for this here.

32. Marjinoz says:

Will it be support for main menu shortcuts in the original skin?
    Really like it original.

1. October 12, 2016

[…] there are usual bug fixes and so on. See the official announcement for more […]