LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.006 ALPHA

LibreELEC (Krypton) 8.0 preview builds continue with v7.90.006 containing Kodi v17.0-beta2. The Kodi developers are still submitting changes in volume so our current plan is to hold in Alpha until Kodi reaches RC1. The iMX6 build is not currently available as testing has not completed. Changes in v7.90.006 include:

• Fix root ownership of /storage during netboot
  • Fix power-off behaviour on iMX6 (CEC ignore TV off)
  • Fix power-off behaviour on WeTek Hub
  • Fix kmsg text before boot splash on Odroid C2
  • Fix advancedsettings.xml options on WeTek Hub/Core/Play
  • Update Raspberry Pi Linux and Kodi support patches
  • Update core builds to Linux 4.7.4
  • Update to our own linux-amlogic 3.10 kernel
  • Update to our own linux-amlogic 3.14 kernel
  • Update a large number of other misc. packages
  • Update RTL8192EU driver
  • Update AMD GPU driver(s)
  • Update iMX6 to use LZO squashfs compression
  • Update remote keymap for WeTek Hub
  • Update WeTek Hub/Core/Play to use interactive governor
  • Add support for newer ChromeOS hardware
  • Add support for HK RTC shield on Odroid C2
  • Add support for GPIO fan control on TBS Matrix boxes
  • Add support for ‘run’ mode in USB installer for Live Mode testing
  • Add initial support for HD audio formats on Odroid C2 and WeTek Hub
  • Add LibreELEC settings to Kodi settings menu (see below)
  • Remove LibreELEC settings from home-screen navigation (see above)

Please note the last two lines in the list above. The LibreELEC settings add-on has not disappeared, it has moved from the home screen menu into Kodi settings.

New installation via USB or SD card media

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.90.006.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-RPi.arm-7.90.006.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.90.006.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-7.90.006.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-7.90.006.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.90.006.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Hub.aarch64-7.90.006.img.gz (info)

New Install to WeTek internal NAND (.zip) (info) (info) (info)

Manual Update from LibreELEC 7.0 or OpenELEC (.tar)

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.90.006.tar (info)
LibreELEC-RPi.arm-7.90.006.tar (info)
LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.90.006.tar (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-7.90.006.tar (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-7.90.006.tar (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Hub.arm-7.90.006.tar (info)
LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.90.006.tar (info)

If you spot issues, please flag them via a bug report in the forums. You are also very welcome and encouraged to get involved and submit fixes via GitHub!

1. nym says:

No new Kodi build included?

2. Igor says:

If I compile LE according wiki what will be difference between my build and ? Is there any patches inside of which I will miss, if I will compile myself ?

3. nym says:

Sorry didnt saw that. My blame…

4. sabrex says:

I prefer the confluence skin, and once I download and install it on LE 7.90.006, there doesn’t seem to be any way to access the LibreELEC specific settings unless I switch to Estuary. Is there a LE-specific version of Confluence that is included in the package, or that can be downloaded from a repo somewhere?

• Matt says:

I assume you could still access it via Programs -> Addons….
      If not, then how to access on any other skins?

Confluence should be installed (or reinstalled) from the Kodi official repo to ensure the version used is compatible with Krypton. As Matt said, the LE settings add-on can be accessed via the Add-ons menu.

5. hal says:

I installed 7.90.006 on C2, and there is audio issues playing any video; high pitched static. The player was mostly perfect in .005 but this bug in .006 makes it unusable. Had to revert immediately.

• PrometheusX says:

I can confirm this problem. Same for me…

• Winni says:

Yup but vidéos are hardware decoded, in 05 it was software decoded.
        There’s no 3d MVC framepack and iso 3d are only in 2d.
        Don’t forget it’s alpha and work on C2 is quite new!

• hal says:

No, in 005 it’s using hardware decoding just fine on the C2. My CPU is 2% and temps are very low, while playing h265 and h264. 005 seems to run really well for me with next to no issues (except maybe CEC not working 100% and jumping to points in video sometimes lags/freezes). Can’t wait for the 8.0 release when things ironed out.

• Winni says:

I think I saw s/w instead of h/w term while playing a video in 005 (in the video information)
            Now I see h/w

• Dan Atkins says:

Same here, i’ve noticed that if you turn stereo upmixing on/off a few times whilst the video is playing that the audio fixes itself, but only for the duration of the file.

Hey guys.
    I think I read a few blog posts ago, you were thinking about release LibreELEC without KODI (as a great minimal image).
    I personally would love to see Docker only image 🙂
    Maybe with docker-compose and docker-machine as well for good measure.
    I would imagine without KODI, this image would be tiiiiinnnnyyyy.

You end up with something about 65mb including docker and the hacked together prototype boots in 5 seconds. It’s more than an idea but something that needs someone to really take the lead upon to bring to fruition.

7. Alex says:

Hello. I have a odroid c2. I installed img
    But HK Official RTC Shield is not detected:
    dmesg | grep rtc
    [ 2.662196] drivers/rtc/hctosys.c: unable to open rtc device (rtc0)

Module Size Used by
    meson_ir 2967 0
    autofs4 25155 0
    fbcon 37361 0
    bitblit 4492 1 fbcon
    softcursor 1184 1 bitblit
    font 7279 1 fbcon

Support add HK RTC Shield in release 7.90.007?

8. Alternativende says:

Is the auto update active? Im on 7.9.05 and i dont get a notification and even the manual search didn´t brought up anything.

9. daschacka says:

Wetek Play 2 Builds in near future?

Timing is up to the WeTek folk working on the code, although it’s very similar to the Hub device. I have one gathering dust in a box here so hopefully it comes soon 😉

10. tchammer says:

In Build 7.90.005 there is a Fix for 5GHZ Connection for RTL8812au Wireless devices. Is this fix in the Actual Build too? I Installed this Build Tod Test but my Stick dont see the 5GHZ Band. Work it only on Lower Channel or DFS Band ( like Channel 100-108 ) too?

My Stick is a Edimax EW-7811UTC

11. deuteragenie says:

Linux kernel 4.7.5 has numerous ARM improvements:

Would be good if LibreElec 8.0 would ship with it.

We already bumped up to 4.7.5 (so will appear in 7.90.007) but very little in that list is relevant to LE

• deuteragenie says:

Meanwhile, 4.8 is out with yet other ARM improvements … What is the target kernel for LibreElec 8.0 ?

It will be 4.8, but kernel major version bumps always generate a laundry list of things to fix and that takes time. It will go into 7.90.007 is specific patches are available in time; if not it will wait until 7.90.008.

12. Jocke.Sve says:

Works just fine on RPi3/RPi2 except few quirks in default skin ‘Estuary’ (bugs reported).
    Good work all devs! Again!! 🙂

13. KrissKross says:

Tried the latest “Alpha” on my RPi3. Overall the new skin looks for good, but I’m missing the Settings “Sync Playback to display” the option “PLL”. Without this option I always get microstutters like once a minute. I also have lost center audio during playback and some 3D MKV Playbacks have hangers when I forward by chapters.

14. BerlinCalling says:

I’m using LibreELEC on my Odroid-C2 since one of the first builds out of the odroid forum (thanks to wrxtasy). I just want to say thanks to the entire team! I really like LibreELEC on my C2 and I’m looking forward for the stable version. Good job! Keep it up 🙂

15. adit says:

wetek play nand version hangs at splash screen at first boot..

16. Marc C. says:

Is it just me but on the first boot I get a message about database migration and it’s been more than 1 hour and I’m still stuck there…

Time for migration depends on how big the DB is that’s being migrated (and how many DB revisions have to be sequentially passed through) so long times can/do happen. If you see repeated issues it’s best to do a clean install and then selectively restore bits one at a time until you find the bit that’s corrupted/borked and causing the problem.

17. Stephen Fenwick says:

Very nice release. On a NUC5PPYH the animations of the Estuary skin are quite jerky. Changing the cpu governor from powersave (the default) to performance makes them noticeably smoother. Have you thought about making performance the default governor? I wouldn’t think the difference in power consumption would matter for a typical media PC.

• deuteragenie says:

Isn’t the default “On demand” ?

• Stephen Fenwick says:

The Generic x86 build uses “powersave”. The two options are “powersave” and “performance” – there is no “ondemand”.

• Bernd says:

where can i change the cpu govenor ? I have also that NUC and i wanna try it out.

• Stephen Fenwick says:

I did it by logging in via ssh and adding the following lines to .config/
        echo performance > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
        echo performance > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor
        echo performance > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu2/cpufreq/scaling_governor
        echo performance > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu3/cpufreq/scaling_governor

• Stephen Fenwick says:

The above change will take effect on reboot. To apply the change immedately type the same commands on the command line. You need the change to to make the governor sticky when you reboot.

18. mzurhorst says:

My .005 is still not auto-updating. Is there anything properly set up on the server?

• Glyde says:

I had the same thing with .004 . I’ve switched to manual update to get the realese

I’m guilty of over-sleeping the 24h deadline once in a while, but it’s been enabled for a while now. If a box doesn’t update .. enable additional HTTP logging and restart to get a clean log that shows detail of the initial check done after startup.

NB: You need to enable auto-update, the default is OFF

19. 2913 says:

How do i access the chrome download folder. I can only see it true chrome true storage\download. Not true samba.

Sorry but I don’t understand the question. Please post in the forums in English + your local language. Please take a picture with a smartphone to show the problem if it helps to explain. Thanks.

20. Gerrit says:

Have the issues on Odroid C2 been fixed. Like Deinterlacing and live TV in general?

There are some patches to add software deinterlace for SD media but the video side of the AML kernel still needs lots of work.

21. p3k074 says:

Im notice problem with Tvheadend plugin … im used remote TVheadend server + 3 diffrent RP2 as clients and all works fine. After upgrade one of them to v7.90.006 ALPHA and installing TVHeadend plugin i get struggled picture on all channels. like missed frames.

Video decoder:mmal-h264 (HW)
    Pixel format: unknown
    Deinterlace method: adv(x2)
    Video stream: 1920x1080px, 1,78 AR, 25,000 FPS
    Audio stream: ac3 32bit 48,000Hz
    Memory used:17% CPU: 5%,4%,6%,4%

Also MKV movie playback works fine without problems … only tv streams missed frames .

22. woolly says:

i just down loaded LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.005 ALPHA on rasberry pie 3 but i am getting’ network error (possibe cause include remote app) ‘

From that level of detail a) we don’t understand the question, b) could be anything. Please post in the forum with more information. Thanks.

23. Alan says:

Just tried a fresh install of this Alpha on my WeTek play and it hangs at the LibreElec Alpha logo and doesnt finish boot. But installing 7.0.2 then upgradeing to this Alpha seems to work ok.

24. kxv says:

Kodi Beta 3 is out. Looking forward to the next release!

25. Gary Donnison says:

My NUC6i5SYK randomly reboots after I shut it down (using the Power Toggle command on my Harmony Elite). It is connected through a Yamaha AV unit, no HDMI-CEC settings activated in in the AV unit or TV. I have disabled WOL and Wake from sS3 settings and it doesn’t seem to make any difference. Anyone else have this issue?

26. tojo2503 says:

any chance to see an iMX6 Release for Cubox or is the Development on hold because of the small userbase (which would be sad because the Cuboxes are great). 🙂