LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.005 ALPHA

LibreELEC (Krypton) 8.0 preview builds continue with v7.90.005 which is now available for all build projects. It contains Kodi v17.0-beta1 code, so yes, upstream Kodi has entered Beta while we remain in Alpha. Krypton for Intel/AMD x86 and Raspberry Pi devices is solid while iMX6 and Amlogic device support has progressed, but falls short of where we’d like to be for Beta. The changes in v7.90.005 include:

• Fix support for 5GHz networks on Realtek 8812au wireless devices
  • Fix inclusion of distro specific config.txt on Raspberry Pi devices
  • Fix installer USB/SD label to ‘LIBREELEC’ instead of random text
  • Update to Kodi v17.0 beta 1
  • Update core builds to Linux 4.7.2
  • Update Raspberry Pi Linux and Kodi support patches
  • Update Linux kernel for Odroid_C2 (using HK sources)
  • Update u-boot for Odroid_C2
  • Update nVidia main driver to 367.44
  • Update wireless-regdb
  • Update patches for Intel Baytrail/Cherrytrail HDMI audio support
  • Add information on CPU governor in log generation script
  • Add new project for the WeTek_Hub !!
  • Add support for unique identifiers in network boot (for RPi3)
  • Add x11grab_xcb support to ffmpeg
  • Add support for auto-detecting Intel GPUs and setting VAAPI + limited-range
  • Add support for “limited range” in Kodi basic settings
  • Remove ~/.libreelec patching support to reduce GPLv2 non-compliance
  • Remove the kodi.game extension point as it’s not required

New installation via USB or SD card media

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.90.005.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-RPi.arm-7.90.005.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.90.005.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-imx6.arm-7.90.005.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-7.90.005.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-7.90.005.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.90.005.img.gz (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Hub.aarch64-7.90.005.img.gz (info)

New Install to WeTek internal NAND (.zip)

LibreELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-7.90.005.zip (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-7.90.005.zip (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Hub.aarch64-7.90.005.zip (info)

Manual Update from LibreELEC 7.0 or OpenELEC (.tar)

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.90.005.tar (info)
LibreELEC-RPi.arm-7.90.005.tar (info)
LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.90.005.tar (info)
LibreELEC-imx6.arm-7.90.005.tar (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-7.90.005.tar (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-7.90.005.tar (info)
LibreELEC-WeTek_Hub.arm-7.90.005.tar (info)
LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.90.005.tar (info)

**REMINDER**

LibreELEC operates a 24-hour ‘canary’ period between release files being posted to the download page and the release being available via auto-update. During this time Krypton users can update from within the LibreELEC settings add-on. Jarvis users wanting to move up will need to manually update the old-fashioned file copy/paste way.

Enjoy 🙂

LibreELEC PREVIEW BUILDS

1. Jucgshu says:

Many thanks again for your hard work guys !

Small glitch : I have a 404 on the Hub download link : http://releases.libreelec.tv/LibreELEC-WeTek_Hub.arm-7.90.005.zip

2. Envagyok75 says:

“Update Linux kernel for Odroid_C2 (using HK sources)”
    Which version?

“Update patches for Intel Baytrail/Cherrytrail HDMI audio support”
    So already working the z3735f baytrail pc with 32bit uefi bios?

If you look at HK kernel sources in GitHub, we’re using 365fa20 .. and no idea on the compute stick device. It should “just work” but 32-bit UEFI had quirks in the past. Worst case you can install a different working bootloader.

3. Sami says:

I just installed this one over the stable LibreELEC version and noticed that in the new one, there is a significant delay in video after using the quick jump (push right or up button on the PS3 remote). It looks like the video will continue from next keyframe instead of seeking to the previous keyframe to decode from where the jump ended in. The audio goes on normally.

Do you know if this is a planned change or something to report at the Kodi forums?

• Klojum says:

It doesn’t sound like something we planned, so perhaps creating a ticket at Kodi’s bug tracker ( http://trac.kodi.tv/ ) including full detailed descriptions, info and debug-enabled log files will give the Kodi developers a good starting point.

• Sami says:

Thank you, will do that.

Kodi declared b1 in the middle of some seeking related changes so i’m not surprised if there are some issues there. You can test a milhouse build to see if things improved since, or hold tight for b2 code.

• Sami says:

It’s not a big issue, I don’t use the feature very often. I just happened to notice it when testing the new LE. Nevertheless, I submitted a ticket so at least there’s something to remind the devs unless they already got it working in b2.

4. matrix says:

i use the pulse eight cec adapter with a AMD gigabyte e350 board and with the release from 7-8 (including alpha 5) there is noch sound after wake up untill i go to the system menu.
    The only version that works is the old 6.03 from openelec.

I’ll ask among the devs for volunteers to look at AMD things again. The issue is finding AMD kit among them – the quality of their drivers in recent years persuaded most people to spend money on other brands and AMD cards are becoming an endangered species 🙁

• matrix says:

It seems to be something to do with the hdmi audio and the Linux Kernel. Good news this is not a new problem, but i can not fix it. 🙁

The old fix is to create a new file in ~/.config/sleep.d like 01-reinit-hdmi.power inside there has to be following code:

#!/bin/sh
        case “$1” in
        pre)
        ;;
        post)
        sleep 4; /usr/lib/kodi/kodi-xrandr –output HDMI-0 –auto
        ;;
        esac

but the script wont be started after the system wake up. What can i do to run a script after the system resumed?

(script found on web side: http://richie.thecrewsfamily.com/index.php/2015/06/24/fixing-hdmi-audio-after-suspending-a-kodi-htpc-on-openelec/

• matrix says:

Found a solution!
          On the Wiki http://kodi.wiki/view/chromebox search for >No Audio and/or corrupted video on Wakeup from Suspend<
          If the file is created use nano to edit for check the right display like HDMI-0
          For my machine:

#!/bin/sh
          case $1 in
          pre)
          xrandr –output HDMI-0 –off –set "audio" "off";
          ;;
          post)
          xrandr –output HDMI-0 –auto –set "audio" "on";
          ;;
          esac

Seems like i miss some options 😉

5. TCHAMMER says:

– Fix support for 5GHz networks on Realtek 8812au wireless devices –

i hope this fix is in the next Stable LibreElec ( 7.0.3) too.

If we ever create a 7.0.3 release it can go in. I’m not sure we will though.

• Psych05 says:

Why? While I understand you as developers have your minds set on the krypton release, don’t forget that the vast majority of people is on stable. And LE8 is still in alpha, so it’ll be quite a while before it’s ready for prime time.

Upstream development on Jarvis ceased about six months ago (before we forked from OpenELEC) and we aren’t seeing bugs reported. Thus there is no real justification for creating another release. The one reason that may prompt an update is backporting the in-GUI software update feature from 8.0 to make it easier for people to update to 8.0 come the time, but that’s not been decided yet.

6. tinzarian says:

When will it be available on github?

7. Daniel says:

Unfortunately, like in .004, Mediaportal TV addon is not working (showing only some single frames, then freezes). Worked fine with .003.

8. Gerrit507 says:

Is it ready for daily usage on the Odroid C2? Are there still any major bugs?

I can’t speak from personal experience of the C2 but the WeTek Hub that I’ve been using at home (which is also S905 based) has been great. Things like HD audio need work but all the basics are done. Create an SD card and have a play..

• Gerrit507 says:

I just wanted to report that 5.1 audio is not working indeed. I made a bug report here: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-1499.html
        I went back to 7.1. Despite that issue the new alpha build is running pretty well on the C2. There was also no way to upgrade from wrxtasys build to the new alpha. The backup function on the 7.1 build seems to be broken either. Had to setup everything from scratch. I’m looking forward to the next alpha or maybe beta build.

9. MidnightWatcher says:

How is SMB (server) performance on the C2?

I’d describe it as good enough for the occasional copy/paste transfer of files to the local device that the samba server is provided for. If you want high performance file serving you’re using the wrong device with the wrong distro.

10. Hedley says:

How do I install this on the C2?

11. Skeptic says:

Common codecs currently without hardware video decoding in Odroid C2…?

12. Dambedei says:

I tried this new build on my odroid-c2 but can’t get my amazon fire TV remote working anymore (works fine on wrxtasy LibreElec 7.1.0)

Attempting to connect to xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
    Failed to connect: org.bluez.Error.Failed
    [CHG] Device xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx Connected: yes
    [CHG] Device xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx Connected: no

Pairing/connecting with the GUI doesn’t work either
    I got the remote with the microphone btw.

• Dambedei says:

nevermind, i got it working somehow, not sure how though 😉
      unfortunately TV playback isn’t working at all for me (MPEG-4 1080i) through vuplus/pvr addon
      besides that the “activate standby” option for bluetooth devices seems to be missing. (Kodi -> libreelec -> bluetooth)

13. Sami says:

I was able to “fix” the issue of the quick jump, it just started working after some back and forth reinstalls (however, I did use the exact same backup to restore settings etc.)

Now I have some new issues:
    1) The “Set as default for all media” doesn’t want to work, at least for subtitles. I have just tested in the stable version and it works fine.

2) I get occasional stutter in video. It seems that changing the upscaling method to Bilinear fixes it, but using Lanczos3 optimized has no issues in the stable version and as far as I know, Krypton should perform even better. For what it’s worth, the playback info shows YADIF as the deinterlacer even though deinterlacing was off in the video settings of the file in question. The CPU usage remains under 50% for both cores.

Is there some settings file or setting that I should delete to test these two things?

14. bogchop says:

My pulse eight CEC USB adapter still isn’t working with LibreElec :(. Shows as being connected when I turn it on, but wont take inputs/commands (Got a Samsung TV from 2014, so its definitely compatible).

• matrix says:

Did you config the pule eight in the libre menu, there you can config the hmi port? Maybe the HDMI-Cable is wrong, it not support 1.3 or above (the cable from tv to you htpc is important, from pule eight to you htpc not)? On my Set Panasonic and gigabyte e350 AMD it works fine.

• bogchop says:

How are you meant to configure it? I thought it was basically plug and play with the drivers? It is detected upon startup. I’ve used a known/working HDMI cable that works with CEC using a raspberry pi to test, no issue with the cable. But on my NUC with the pulse8 adapter, no-go!

15. Hedley says:

Thanks chewitt, the C2 is coming along nicely I must say. It’s very usable now in its current state. Keep up the great work team.

16. Nadeem says:

When Stable LibreElec 8 come is it ?

LE 8.0 depends on the Kodi schedule and whether there are known bugs like with v15 and v16 releases. If there are known problems we will delay 8.0 release and wait for fixes as we value reliability over speed of release. Kodi still have more Beta and RC stages to complete so I’d guess sometime in October, but that’s not a promise.

17. lords8n says:

Just installed this coming from stable LibreElec 7.0.2 Jarvis on Rpi3. Having an issue with LiveTV using ServerWMC backend and PVR WMC Client. When tuning a channel, LiveTV shows the channel but stutters and locks up as though MPG2 license is missing. Using same hardware, license, and config.txt that works perfectly on 7.0.2 Jarvis. All I did was swap SD cards with this build. Am I doing something wrong or is this a known issue?

18. Natty says:

Crashes on RPI2. RPI2 connected to Seagate Slim 2TB HD through powered hub. I did not copy the error log. Going back to 004 – no problemo. Reformated SD card several times and tried to reinstall with Seagate mounted / unmounted. Upgraded from within Libreelec and also on manual – same result. Going back to previous version everything is OK

Thanks for the informative bug report. No log means no problem.

• Natty says:

I wasted like half a day on this. When the new alpha comes out I will do a screen shot of the error it throws before locking up, or perhaps the next alpha may work ;o) From memory, if I disconnect the HD it upgrades nice to 05. I can then connect the HD and it says “mounted DEV something” and I can access the contents of the HD, but if I reboot, it throws the error and locks up. Downgrading to 04 it downgrades nicely with HD attached and works good after rebooting.

19. mzurhorst says:

I am wondering why my v.7.90.004 (x64 generic) was still not offering this update yesterday evenining. The previous alpa-to-alpha updates happened automatically. I even tried to enforce it by changing settings to manually and back to automatic updates, but the 005 package is not offered.

Anyone else with this issue?

20. Soapy Smith says:

I upgraded my Wetek Core from 004 to 005 and had no issues.

I did not get a log because – no problem means no log

21. adit says:

Audio DSP settings are not active on Wetek Play, problem seems to be related to audio sink, here could be the solution: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=277184&pid=2365481#pid2365481 . Would be great if developers can take a deeper look into it!

I’m not sure of the exact reason, but an educated guess is that ADSP things require multi-channel PCM and this is still being worked upon for Krypton/Amlogic (actively worked on)

• adit says:

Thanks for reply! ADSP it’s really a key feature for a multimedia system, hope it will work in the near future. I made it work on my wetek play with external DAC on Jarvis, but not with internal audio card, on Krypton I did not succeed at all. Plugin itself works great, I specially use biquad filters, but it’s a matter of enabling ADSP which is Kodi related.

• adit says:

I just compiled Krypton tarball update for wetek play applying @arcam’s patch indicated in above link. Audio DSP Settings are now available using WP internal card. Would be great if this patch will be integrated in next release. Thanks!

Wow, the C2 build has came a long way.
    Amazing! Great job.

HW MPEG2 is a no-go, but SW works great (and PVR seems much quicker)
    Everything else seems good so far!

23. H.M. Murdock says:

I always get a Kodi crash after some 5 minutes after booting up. This is a vanilla installation on a Pi2 with last berryboot available (20160807).

These are the logs I got:
    kodi.log: http://pastebin.com/xp3VeVsL
    .kodi_crashlog.log:
    part1: http://pastebin.com/23kFm4rB
    part2: http://pastebin.com/zJfN9Vj3
    part3: http://pastebin.com/PJSX2VaQ

Any help would we more than appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

First guess is a corrupted addons.db file .. stop kodi, remove it, start kodi. If that’s not the issue please open a thread in the forums – this is not the place for a support conversation.

24. Ricardo says:

I’m using a Raspberry Pi 3, Pulse build CCM Krypton 1717 beta from Ares Wizard. I’ve noticed since the LibreELEC update (beta 7.90.005) when I’m watching a movie and I use the on screen pause, play, rewind functions I notice a green line running down the screen Gui. The green line disappears once you exit out of the movie menu. Also the config text file doesn’t allow you to change the arm_freq, core_freq, sdram_freq, and the over_voltage with the new (beta 7.90.005) in Notepad++. I have the old config text files from LibreELEC build 7.0.2, which shows the arm_freq, core_freq, sdram_freq and would allow you to overclock the RPI3 in Notepad++. So I just simply copy and paste the old config text file from 7.0.2 to beta 7.90.005, and everything works fine.

The config.txt options in alpha builds have been cleaned up to remove items users have no real need to fiddle with these days. First gen RPi needed overclocking to have half-decent performance but RPi3 does not, so no need to encourage it. If you updated from an earlier release the existing config.txt would not be touched. The green line issue is either due to poor coding in the pirate build/wizard you’ve installed or its a content problem in the “free movies” you’re stealing. Such problems are easily solved by removing the pirate add-on junk and watching media from legal sources.

• Ricardo says:

Cool. Thanks for the info. I appreciate all of the hard work you put into LibreELEC. It’s by far the best os out there for Kodi.

25. Gendji says:

Using this version on a CuBox-i4Pro, clean install and thus far, no problems detected. Tested with Estuary theme and the Amber theme (new Krypton7 version), both without any problems.

One thing i noticed, is that with Openelec i always had to use “Adjust display refresh rate to match video” in order to watch 1080p video’s without hiccups.

Now i have to disable it to achieve the same. Not a problem ofc, just wondering why 🙂

26. vali says:

still no support for legacy nvidia hardware?

The nVidia 340.96 legacy driver supports GeForce 8 series cards first introduced in November 2006. We see no need to support cards that go further back in time. If you need something older you can self build an image with the 304.131 driver; it needs a patch for the 4.7 kernel but you’ll find that in Arch/Ubuntu repo’s and it’s a simple change.

• vali says:

i try but i got some error:
        Build for profile pi1 failed!
        ERROR: No new sytem image found for pi1
        Build for profile pi2 failed!
        ERROR: No new sytem image found for pi2.

i’m not developer and its hard for me

I never saw those error messages before but the first step is to create a normal build (no changes) and from there .. take it to the forums.

27. 2913 says:

LE is on the waiting list for distrowatch.com 😀

28. Steve says:

I’ve just tried this on a RPi3. Have an issue where live tv via TVHeadend is playing as if it is in slow motion. All addons are up to date (noted that pvr.hts updated to 3.4.7)
    The TVHeadend server is running on a Wetek Play
    Connecting from a TVH client on my Mac playback is smooth, and playback on the Pi was fine in LE 7.0.2

It’s been reported once before but we have no idea what the cause is. Please start a forum thread and provide debug logs from the Pi and from TVH.

• Alan says:

I had the same issue on a RPI2 and setting Deinterlace video to off fixed it but the setting would not save for me so I had to change it each time I restarted the RPI2.

29. Gary Donnison says:

Mostly good with the latest alpha release. However, at the end of each HEVC-encoded TV episode, it spontaneously reboots. It seems to be OK on x264 releases.

I am using the Estuary MOD, LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.005 ALPHA on an Intel NUC D54250WYK.

30. Gary Donnison says:

But not movies. I think the problem is with the “Automatically Play Next Video” setting, which is used for TV Shows, in my case. After watching a movie, it stops because there is no other file to play. With a TV series, the next file is usually there for it to move onto.

31. Gary Donnison says:

Update: With the “automatically play next video” setting off, it doesn’t crash. But it still automatically plays the next video anyway. Is this a bug?

32. Michael says:

I´m using a Raspberry Pi3. I want to have a fan control. So i need GPIO control. The “Raspberry Pi Tools” -> GPIO in the repository don’t work. Same on 7.90.004. The python script wont work 🙁
    Is it possible to aktivate the GPIO´s?
    Thanks!

33. ekincaid says:

I am using a Raspberry Pi 3. I have the tvheadend backend running with hdhomerun. Live tv as well as anything recorded has the audio out of sync. Thoughts?

34. derders says:

Thank you for all your work!

I updated from 7.0.2 and could it be that 7.9 has some “mind breaks”? I mean if I am in what ever addon and move a page forward or go back it loads much longer than Jarvis.

35. Jambam says:

Yup it is slower with addons and USTV plus , live tv is broken

36. Hendrik says:

Wetek Core:
    When Playing any video and opening any OSD the audo gets a big delay compared to the video.

37. tung says:

I cant not setting your Mbox MXQ. I want change is version 15.2 to version 17 Kyponr and remote setup 2.1.0

Look at the Amlogic section of the forum for community builds that suit whatever Amlogic chipset is inside the box.

38. Igor says:

when is planning to release the next version of LE beta/alfa ?

39. winni says:

thanks for odroid C2 release!!!
    one thing is missing before i leave my Pi 3 : 3D mvc framepack option after that Odroid C2 will be my favorite.

Good work guys

40. rabaraf says:

CEC settings window is empty – not possible to configure any of them

41. rabaraf says:

Remove from Library doean’t work

42. rabaraf says:

Quick seeking +10 seconds causing that big blue rectangle cover seek label

43. rabaraf says:

Setting -> Video, Musi, Pictures, Weather doesn’t work, clicking on those menus causing nothing is appearing

Post issue reports to the forum. Post debug logs for each issue. Ensure you are using default skin. Post screenshots. Post something about the hardware being used. If we have to guess our attention span is particularly short..

44. TLA says:

Nice build, just got this error that the LibreELEC settings-addon is not ready yet… so can’t open my settings to connect to wifi etc…

Any idea?

It’s not something I’ve seen before so hard to offer advice. What hardware? .. and time for a clean install? – post answers to a forum thread pls.

1. September 5, 2016

[…] changelog for the latest alpha version is quite clear and you can find it in official announcement or detailed changes on GitHub […]

2. September 8, 2016